Instructions: Answer each of the following items based on the information presented in the textbook. (please see attachment). Questions should be included when answering the questions.
Responses should be complete with supporting information and documentation, a good understanding of material demonstrated, Extremely well organized and good
Grammar and punctuation
Chapters 3 – 5
Instructions: Answer each of the following items based on the information presented in the textbook. Refer to the writing assignment rubric for specific grading criteria.
1. What do you think the differences might be between decisions made on the basis of empirical research and those made without access to research?
2. How might you decide whether to have knee surgery or physical therapy to recover from knee pain if you did not have access to empirical research?
3. Why does the reliability of research matter?
4. Why does the validity of research matter?
5. Why does the level of generalizability of research matter?
6. Social identity includes the ways that we bring the cultures from our group affiliations into our sense of self. How might this process be positive for individuals? How might it divide people in everyday interactions?
7. Describe how at least two different agents of socialization influenced your decision to attend college.
8. Think back on your experience with gender socialization. How did it affect how you learned your gender role?